News headlines Sep 10 - Oct 10
20.09.10 New EA fisheries laws
There have been some important changes to the laws governing angling and
net fishing in England and Wales. More changes will follow later this
year and in 2011.
An Environment Agency newsletter which you can download from the Angling Trust website sets out what these changes are.
17.09.10 Get Your Angling Plings In!
Plings - Places to Go and Things to Do
- Plings is an online tool developed by Substance that helps people discover trusted
- information about places to go and things to do for young people.
- This information can be accessed through different websites, social networking and
- mobile tools and local authority portals.
- Thousands of events are listed from across the country for young people to access.
16.09.10 Angling Trust Stands up for Anglers with Fisheries Minister At its first meeting since the election with the new Environment & Fisheries Minister Richard Benyon MP this week, the Angling Trust set out its strategic agenda for the future of marine and freshwater fisheries and fishing.
15.09.10 New Sea Angling Conservation Area - Flamborough Head A new fisheries Byelaw was confirmed on the 21st July 2010 which prohibits the removal or taking of any species of fish or shellfish by any method from a designated area stretching from Sewerby steps to 'Danes Dyke' and 700 m seaward from the cliff face.
The FIPSed European Championship was held on 4th/5th September 2010 on the River Sorraia, Coruche, Portugal. Drennan Team England consisted of; Mark Downes and Mark Addy (Joint Managers), Alan Scotthorne, Steve Gardener, Sean Ashby, Will Raison, Steve Hemmingray, and Darren Cox.