RIVERFEST BACK FOR 2016 WITH A NEW BOOKING PROCESS
The biggest river fishing competition in the UK is back for 2016 and as the competition enters its fourth year the Angling Trust has revealed members will be able to apply for tickets through a new online booking system.
RiverFest 2016 gets underway on Saturday 18th June at Mirfield on the River Calder. The twenty four qualifiers will run from June through to the end of October, each with sixty anglers competing for a place in the Grand Final on the River Wye at Hereford over the weekend of 19th and 20th November 2016.
Angling Trust Ambassador Dave Harrell, the man who created the competition has worked closely with our competitions team to ensure a good spread of qualifiers all around the country.
“I continue to be delighted with the response of river anglers for this great competition,” said Dave. “This year we have five great new venues and I’m sure all of the qualifiers will be sellouts as every serious river angler wants to be in the prestigious final!”
Subject to ticket sales, the Angling Trust expects to pay out a whopping £34,000 over the course of final weekend with ten main prizes in the ranging from £500 for 10th place, up to £12,000 to the winner. Section prizes of £250 will also be paid out every six pegs on both of the final days with the team prize of £450 retained.
How to Apply – The competition will open for ticket applications on Wednesday 23rd March 2016 at 9.00am and close at 4.00 pm on Wednesday 13th April 2016 (3 week window to apply). Angling Trust members will log on to RiverFest 2016 and follow onscreen instructions to apply for their chosen qualifiers. The random computerised draw will take place from 14th April and a list of successful anglers will be published for each of the qualifiers on the Angling Trust website shortly afterwards, with tickets sent out to all qualifiers from the end of April 2016.
QUALIFIER VENUES AND DATES
1. Sat 18th June – River Calder, Mirfield
2. Sat 25th June – River Swale, Morton
3. Sun 3rd July – Bristol Avon, Newbridge to Saltford
4. Sun 10th July – River Tyne, Corbridge to Wylam
5. Sat 16th July – River Tees, Bowesfield to Yarm
6. Sun 24th July – River Trent, Laughterton to Dunham*
7. Sat 30th July – River Weaver, Northwich
8. Sat 6th August – River Soar, Sutton Bonnington
9. Sat 13th August – River Trent, Newark Dyke
10. Sun 14th August – River Yare, Langley
11. Sat 27th August – River Don, Sprotborough
12. Sun 28th August – River Nene, Orton
13. Sat 3rd September – River Severn, Bewdley
14. Sat 10th September – River Trent, Holme Marsh
15. Sun 18th September – River Wye, Breinton To Eign
16. Sat 24th September – River Severn, Bridgnorth
17. Sun 25th September – River Thames, Clanfield *
18. Sun 2nd October – River Trent, Burton
19. Sat 8th October, River Thames, Culham *
20. Sun 9th October – River Medway, Barming
21. Sun 16th October – Warwickshire Avon, Stratford
22. Sun 23rd October – River Severn, Shrewsbury
23. Sat 29th October – Yorkshire Ouse, Hunters Lodge to Linton
24. Sun 30th October – Warwickshire Avon, Warwick *
19th/20th November – River Wye, Hereford
1st Reserve Weekend 26tht/27th November – River Wye, Hereford
Contact: Angling Trust Eastwood House, 6 Rainbow Street, Leominster, Herefordshire HR6 8DQ
Tel: 0343 5077006 (For Membership enquiries select Option 1) |
Calls to our 0343 number are charged at the same rate as normal landline numbers.
Office hours are Mon - Thu 9.00-5.00 and Fri 4.30. Please leave a message if you call outside these hours or email us.
Angling Trust Limited is a company limited by guarantee, company number 05320350