What Angling Coaching Qualifications are available?
There are two levels of angling coaching qualifications available: the 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Angling Qualification (L1ACAQ) and the 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Angling (L2CCA).
Both qualifications are accredited by the Qualification Curriculum Authority (QCA) and are awarded by a recognised awarding body, 1st4sport Qualifications.
What will an L1ACAQ involve?
Level 1 ACAQ is a generic course and qualifies you as an assistant coach who can plan, deliver, and review angling coaching activities. You will be able to work under the guidance of a Level 2 angling coach. You can become a Registered Coach and will also be offered the opportunity to have a Criminal Record Bureau check completed.
What will an L2CCA involve?
The Level 2 CCA qualifies you to become an independent coach who can plan, deliver and review linked and progressive angling sessions. It can be taken by anyone over the age of 17 who has completed and passed a level 1 coaching qualification and has some experience of angling. When you have successfully completed qualification, you can become a Licensed Coach.
What are the benefits of becoming an angling coach?
Becoming an angling coach will provide you with:
- a recognised qualification
- appropriate training to develop your coaching skills
- the ability to pass on your angling knowledge and skills confidently and safely to other people
- recognition from governing bodies, clubs, the Environment Agency, County Sports Partnerships and Local Authorities as being qualified and safe to coach angling
- appropriate insurance cover through the Angling Trust Coach Licence to Practise Scheme
Angling is also working with Sports Coach UK to gain UK Coaching Certificate endorsement for the angling coaching programme.
How do I become an angling coach?
You can download an application pack from here
If you have any questions please contact:
Coach Licence Administrator
T: 0115 9061313