British Record (rod caught) Fish Committee
British Record Fish Committee Aims and Objectives
The Committee exists to recognise and publish record weights of both fresh and salt water fish caught on rod and line by fair angling methods in the waters of England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands, and aims:
- To provide an adjudicating body to which marine and freshwater anglers may submit claims for record fish taken by fair rod and line angling.
- To investigate all such record claims to the fullest possible extent and maintain a permanent record of such investigations.
- To establish and maintain accurately a list of British fish, marine and freshwater, of record size and to publish this list frequently and make it readily available to all interested persons.
The activities of the Committee are voluntary, and claims are considered and adjudicated upon, only on the basis that the Committee shall be under no obligation whatsoever to claimants, that its decisions shall be final, and it shall not be obliged to give reasons for its decisions.
Record listings from the © British Record (rod-caught) Fish Committee can be downloaded in PDF format from the footer of the page. These lists were last updated in March 2014.
Issued by the: BRITISH RECORD (rod-caught) FISH COMMITTEE
BRFC COMMITTEE MEMBERS
- Mr Mike Heylin - Chairman
- Mr Chris Clark – Marine specialist
- Mr Andy Nellist – Freshwater specialist
- Mr David Rowe – Marine specialist
- Mr Keith Speer – Freshwater specialist
- Mr Paul King - (SFSA) Scottish Federation of Sea Anglers
- Mr Paul Divito – Northern Ireland representative
- Mr Garry Reid – Isle of Man representative
- Mr Nigel Hewlett Scientific Advisor – Freshwater Fish - Environment Agency.
- Mr Oliver Crimmen Scientific Advisor – Sea Fish - Natural History Museum.
- Mr Nick Simmonds - Secretary
Contact: Angling Trust Eastwood House, 6 Rainbow Street, Leominster, Herefordshire HR6 8DQ
Tel: 0844 7700616 (For Membership enquiries select Option 1) | Fax: 0115 9061 251
Calls to our 0844 number cost 3.41p per minute from landlines. Call charges to this number from mobile phones may vary depending on the service provider. If you prefer to call an alternative number please use 01568 620 447 to contact our Leominster Membership department.
Office hours are Mon - Thu 9.00-5.00 and Fri 4.30. Please leave a message if you call outside these hours or email us.
Angling Trust Limited is a company limited by guarantee, company number 05320350