About the Angling Trust's Development Work
About Angling Development
Angling Development is a priority area for the Angling Trust. Our development work is supported by Sport England, the Environment Agency, British Waterways and Sports Coach UK.
What does our Development Team do?
Working with key partners, the development team aims to establish an infrastructure to develop the sport of angling within England. This includes working with national, regional and local angling and non-angling organisations to:
- develop policy
- provide leadership
- provide coach education and training
- develop clubs and volunteers
- establish regional development frameworks
- establish a safe environment for young people to participate in angling
What are the benefits?
The benefits to angling include:
- increased participation
- better quality clubs
- increased club membership
- increased numbers of qualified, licensed and active angling coaches
- more recognition and support for the development of angling
- seamless participation frameworks and structures