Specialist Coarse Angling
Specialist coarse angling is without doubt the most popular branch amongst specialist anglers, and the number of coarse angling groups below reflects this. All these organisations have a wealth of information available to specialist anglers and many campaign and lobby, in partnership with the Angling Trust, for the protection of their species from disease, predation, pollution and other threats. Please visit their web sites to find out more.
The Angling Trust was formed from an historic merger of six angling and conservation organisations in January 2009.
One of these organisations, the Specialist Anglers Alliance (SAA) grew to protect and represent specialist anglers throughout the UK, under one body. The Angling Trust continues the SAA's important work and key objectives:
- Unite and represent all specialist angling groups, nationally and locally, to maximise our collective political voice.
- Defend all the angling rights and interests of our members, member groups and specialist anglers.
- Represent all our members at national level in particular with regard to environmental and political matters of concern to angling.
- Secure funding to further the cause of angling and the environment.
- Campaign on behalf of members for a cleaner aquatic environment, and to support those organisations already active in these areas.
- Resist and challenge threats to angling and the environment.
- Provide a unified body for the benefit of all members, member groups and specialist anglers.
- Promote the universal adoption of a responsible code of conduct for anglers.
- Encourage ALL anglers to take positive action to protect their sport.
- Develop ongoing dialogue with other established conservation groups.
- Build a closer rapport between all anglers and the Environment Agency.
- Play an active role in formulating any legislation which impacts on angling and its environment.
- Combat anti-angling propaganda
Read more about our campaigns on specific issues that affect specialist angling by using the links on the left hand side of this page.
|Darlington, Teeside & Durham Pike Anglers Club|
Association of Barbel Fishers
The Pike Anglers Club of East Sussex
The Osprey Specimen Group
Norfolk Anglers Conservation Association
Northampton Specimen Group
The Barbel Society
Barbel Catchers Club
British Carp Study Group
|Chub Study Group|
Read more from the Chub Study Group HERE.
Taplow Specimen Group
Oulton Park Specimen Syndicate
Lure Anglers Society
The National Anguilla Club
Pike Fly Fishing Association
Zander Angling Club
The Pike Angler's Club of Great Britain
Peterborough Specimen Group
Milton Keynes Specialist Group
The SAFG advises and lobbies the board of the Angling Trust on issues that are particularly important to Specialist Angling. The group corresponds via email and holds face to face meetings when the need arises. The SAFG is made up of representatives of the single species groups, other Specialist Angling groups and individuals with particular expertise.
The current chairman of the SAFG is Chris Evans (former chairman of the Specialist Anglers Alliance) who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
We also have a growing structure of regional representation to promote and protect the interests of fisheries, angling, angling clubs and associations and individual anglers throughout England. If you would like to get involved please contact our Regions Coordinator John Cheyne at email@example.com
Club and Syndicate Membership
Many of the Specialist Angling clubs and organisations listed above were members of the SAA - we continue to represent their interests and fight to protect your fish and fishing. To sign up your club or syndicate call 0844 77 00 616 (Option 1). We'll tell you about how you can benefit from our insurance cover and the work of Fish Legal (formerly known as the ACA - the Anglers’ Conservation Association) too. You can download a club and syndicate membership form using the link below.
Trade and Tackle Shop Membership
Sign up your business as a member and not only will you be supporting the future of your sport and business, we'll give you a link to your site to help your search engine ranking and drive new business to your website. If your shop distributes our membership forms we'll also pay you a commission for each new member you help us sign up. Call for more details on 0844 77 00 616 (Option 1). You can download a trade membership form using the link below.
To sign up your Fishery as a member of the Trust call us on 0844 77 00 616 (Option 1). We'll tell you about how the fishery will save on insurance cover and get free legal advice, representation and factsheets. Your fishery could save £1,000's of pounds by becoming a member! You can download a fishery membership form using the link below.
Contact: Angling Trust Eastwood House, 6 Rainbow Street, Leominster, Herefordshire HR6 8DQ
Tel: 0343 5077006 (For Membership enquiries select Option 1) |
Calls to our 0343 number are charged at the same rate as normal landline numbers.
Office hours are Mon - Thu 9.00-5.00 and Fri 4.30. Please leave a message if you call outside these hours or email us.
Angling Trust Limited is a company limited by guarantee, company number 05320350