Specialist Sea Angling
Some recreational sea anglers kit themselves out for a few pounds with relatively inexpensive tackle and need only simple skills, for example, youngsters fishing for mackerel.
At the other end of the scale are those sea anglers who participate in sea fishing that requires dedicated equipment and specialist skills and knowledge. These specialists often test their angling limits by competing in competitions and some sea anglers will only target single species such as skate or bass, or specific venues (beach, wreck or rock fishing). These specialists may devote huge amounts of time and money in the pursuit of their sport.
There are currently two sea angling specialist organisations affiliated to the Angling Trust. Read more about these on their websites:
Shark Angling Club of Great Britain
- Our unique legal arm, Fish Legal, takes legal action and influences legislation to protect fish stocks
- We employ a Marine Environmental Campaigns Manager whose work is dedicated to sea angling and saltwater issues
- We campaign to protect fish stocks from commercial over-fishing, pollution and aggregate dredging
- We fight to increase Minimum Landing Sizes to protect juvenile fish from exploitation
- We battle for UK and EU fisheries management measures to include the interests of recreational sea anglers
- We make Government understand the economic value of sea angling
- We fight to protect access for anglers and bait-diggers to harbours, estuaries and marine conservation zones
- We help young people to learn how to fish responsibly We promote the benefits of sea angling to all
- We represent anglers' interests to Government, the Marine Management Organisation, the Environment Agency, DEFRA and everyone else who can affect your fishing
- We organise the sea angler's Specimen Awards Scheme, national competitions and manage Team England Sea Angling
- We support the Crimestoppers initiative to fight fish related crime
- We get exclusive deals for our members
To sign up your club call 0844 77 00 616 (Option 1). We'll tell you about how you can benefit from our insurance cover and the work of Fish Legal (formerly known as the ACA - the Anglers’ Conservation Association) too. You can download a club membership form using the link below.
Trade and Tackle Shop Membership
Sign up your business as a member and not only will you be supporting the future of your sport and business, we'll give you a link to your site to help your search engine ranking and drive new business to your website. If your shop distributes our membership forms we'll also pay you a commission for each new member you help us sign up. Call for more details on 0844 77 00 616 (Option 1). You can download a trade membership form using the link below.
Contact: Angling Trust Eastwood House, 6 Rainbow Street, Leominster, Herefordshire HR6 8DQ
Tel: 0343 5077006 (For Membership enquiries select Option 1) |
Calls to our 0343 number are charged at the same rate as normal landline numbers.
Office hours are Mon - Thu 9.00-5.00 and Fri 4.30. Please leave a message if you call outside these hours or email us.
Angling Trust Limited is a company limited by guarantee, company number 05320350