Our "Sports Leader" Qualification
The Angling Trust is now an Approved Assessment Centre for delivering the Sports Leaders UK Qualifications.
Sports Leaders UK provides nationally recognised leadership awards and qualifications that help people develop essential life skills such as organisation, motivation, communication and working with others. All of the awards and qualifications are practical - learners learn by doing rather than through written work. And we don't do exams - assessment is made upon a learner's ability to lead and demonstrate his or her leadership skills for a certain period of time, within a specific setting. More than 200,000 learners enrol on Sports Leaders UK's awards and qualifications each year.
An Overview of Sports Leaders Qualifications
Level 1 Award in Sports Leadership:
The Level 1 Award in Sports Leadership provides the ideal starting point for learners aged 13 years and over who wish to develop their leadership skills, whilst under the direct supervision of their Tutor/Assessor.
The syllabus is designed to develop generic leadership skills that can be applied to a variety of sports and/or recreational situations as well as contributing to the personal development of the candidate.
The Level 1 Award in Sports Leadership is a practical qualification in which learners must demonstrate their ability to lead others in simple sport/activity.
- Age: 13+ (please note, there is no upper age limit for this qualification)
- Guided learning hours: 33 hours (including one hour demonstration of leadership)
- The qualification will take approximately 33 guided learning hours. However, various factors such as the learner/tutor ratio, the number of candidates, and the experience levels of the learners will influence the time allocated to the delivery of any given course.
- Demonstration of Leadership
In order for your learners to complete their Level 1 Award in Sports Leadership they must complete one hour demonstration of leadership. This element of the qualification is part of Unit 1: however the one hour demonstration of leadership must happen at the end of the course, after all the taught aspects have been delivered.
The costs to run this qualification is £16 per learner. For more information please refer to the Sports Leaders UK Website.
Level 2 Award in Sports Leadership:
The Level 2 Award in Sports Leadership will give learners the chance to develop their organisation, motivation and communication skills, whilst also focusing on positive role models in sport, how to mentor others, and how to use leadership skills in a variety of settings.
Learners may have already gained their Level 1 Award in Sports Leadership, or this may be their first step onto the volunteering pathway. There is no requirement that learners wishing to embark on the Level 2 Award in Sports Leadership must have previously completed the Level 1 Award in Sports Leadership.
- Age: 14+ (please note, there is no upper age limit for this qualification)
- Guided learning hours: 48 hours (including 10 hours’ demonstration of leadership)
- The Level 2 Award in Sports Leadership will take approximately 48 guided learning hours to deliver. This includes 10 hours during which learners will demonstrate their leadership.
The cost to run this qualification is £26 per learner. For more information please refer to the Sports Leaders UK Website.
In order to run a Sports Leaders UK qualification each AAC is required to have a tutor trainer per level by attending a tutor training day. For more information about any of the above and tutor training please refer to our website http://www.sportsleaders.org/ or contact 01908 689180. If you wish to gain information about how to work alongside the Angling Trust please contact Sally Pizii on email@example.com