Angling Trust Raffles & Prize Draws
Angling Trust Members’ Raffle – Christmas 2013
Trust is regulated by the Gambling Commission, under licence number
000-030460-N-311675-002 as issued 27th November 2013 and prior thereto under licence number 000-030460-N-311675-001.
- Tickets for this raffle will be on sale from 20th November 2013 to 18th December 2013. The draw will take place on 19th December 2013.
- Entry to the Members’ raffle will be by paper ticket entry only. Each ticket for this raffle will cost £2. Payment for entry may be by cash, cheque or postal order.
- Tickets may only be purchased by members of 18 years of age or older. Entrants will need to provide their date of birth, their name (forename and surname) and a valid email address during the purchase process.
- Entrants may be required to provide a copy of their driving licence or passport if we have any doubt about their age. It is an offence for anyone under the age of 16 years to participate in a lottery. The Gambling Act 2005 confirms that the Angling Trust has a statutory duty to verify that participants are 16 years old or over. Any underage entrants will have their entry invalidated.
- The prize for the Christmas 2013 members’ raffle will be as follows:
· 1st Prize £1,500 cash
· 2nd Prize £1,000 of tackle
· 3rd Prize £750 of tackle
· 4th Prize £350 of tackle
Tackle prizes may be selected by the winners from the latest Daiwa catalogue.
- The winning tickets will be selected by the Lottery Manager in the presence of two other members of staff. The order of these prizes will be selected according to the order of the winning tickets drawn, with the first ticket drawn winning the first prize. Winning tickets are not placed back in the draw. The winners will be informed by post of their prize.
- All profits of the raffle will be used to support the work of the Angling Trust.
- Angling Trust employees and directors, Fish Legal employees and committee members and immediate family of the same are not permitted to enter the raffle.
Marketing and Opting-out
Angling Trust will send two books of raffle tickets twice a year with our members’ magazine to all Adult, Life and Young Adult members on our database, with the exception of those members who have informed us of their decision to opt-out of such marketing material. Angling Trust may also market the raffle through the Angling Trust website, social media channels, press releases, members’ magazine and members’ e-news emails. Members may request additional books of tickets. Raffle tickets may also be offered for sale at angling trade shows and events.
Any member who does not wish to receive marketing material about this raffle or similar raffles in future should contact the Angling Trust by e-mail to email@example.com or in person or in writing to: Angling Trust, 6 Rainbow St., Leominster, Herefordshire, HR6 8DQ or by telephone to 0844 7700616 (option 1). Once a person has opted-out of receiving marketing material (i.e. self-excluded), they will not be able to opt back in for 12 months from the date of them opting-out.
Angling Trust is aware of the problems gambling may cause. If you think you might have a problem with gambling, then please visit www.gambleaware.co.uk or call the GamCare Helpline on: 0845 6000 133.
The Angling Trust supports the work of the Responsible Gambling Trust.
The Angling Trust aims to ensure that any issue regarding our raffles are dealt with promptly and in confidence.
If you wish to make a complaint then please contact our in house membership team in any of the following ways listed below.
- By Telephone to our membership team on 0844 7700616 (Option 1)
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In person, at our head office address: Angling Trust, 6 Rainbow St., Leominster, Herefordshire, HR6 8DQ
- In writing to our Lottery Manager at: Angling Trust, 6 Rainbow St., Leominster, Herefordshire, HR6 8DQ
Your complaint will be fully investigated and a response issued within 10 working days.
If you are still not happy with the response the issue will then be referred to the Chairman of the Angling Trust via the address above.
If the matter cannot be resolved internally by the Angling Trust, it would then be referred to IBAS (Independent Betting and Adjudication Service).