Thames Water Offer: 10% Off for Angling Trust Members
As an Angling Trust member organisation, Thames Water are generously offering individual Angling Trust members a range of discounts on the stillwater and river fishing that they control at Walthamstow and Farmoor:
WALTHAMSTOW:Thames Water offer bank-only fly-fishing with a choice of day and season tickets at this venue with a 10% discount for Angling Trust members:
Walthamstow 4&5 Trout Season Ticket £297 (normal price £330)
East Warwick (Trout) £117 (normal price £130)
Maynard £135 (normal price £150)
West Warwick £54 (normal price £60)
Walthamstow 1,2 & 3 Coarse Season Ticket £270 (normal price £300)
All Coarse lakes £337.50 (normal price £375)
The Walthamstow 1,2 & 3 Coarse Season Ticket includes fishing on the Copper Mill Stream that runs through the site.
Game Fishing at Walthamstow:
- The three fly-fishing waters are stocked throughout the season with a total of 11,000 top quality rainbow and brown trout.
- The rainbow trout are stocked at a minimum weight of 2lb meaning catches upwards of 5lb are frequent.
- The high quality reservoir water is home to various insect life, meaning stocked fish very quickly turn into firm-fleshed, hard-fighting 'wild fish', and can double their weight by the end of the season.
With seven different coarse fishing waters to choose from there are many challenges for all angling abilities. The waters are all different but hold good stocks of large fish.
- The mixed coarse fisheries have various good quality pike, bream, tench, and carp amongst others, whilst the specimen waters hold the big fish - including carp up to 40lb.
- Best fish: Carp 46lb, Pike 35lb, Bream 18lb, Tench 9.5lb, Perch 4lb, Barbel 12lb, Chub 8lb, Eels 4lb.
- There is also the famous Copper Mill Stream, providing even more variety, with excellent barbel, chub and perch.
Walthamstow Reservoirs - more info can be found at:
Discounted tickets are purchased at the venue when you fish - do not contact the Angling Trust - we do not issue these tickets.
FARMOOR:Situated 5 miles west of Oxford and surrounded by beautiful views of the countryside, Farmoor Reservoir is owned and managed by Thames Water who are offering Angling Trust Members 10% off the following:
Game Fishing at Farmoor:
Day ticket bank fishing on Farmoor 1 catch and release (big fish) £22.50 (normal price £25)
Mid week season ticket on Farmoor 2 £405 (normal price £450)
Full week season ticket on Farmoor 2 £540 (normal price £600)
- A constant head of fish is maintained with an annual stocking of 35,000+ rainbow and brown trout. Stocked fish range from 1.1/2lb to 3lb, but soon pack on weight in the food rich water.
- A man-made structure with a total of 400 acres, split into two waters; Farmoor 1 and Farmoor 2 is essentially one long dam wall, which due to the nature of its construction means that deep water can easily be reached from the bank. The spring and summer weed growth is also about 10 ft from the bank which makes it an ideal venue for all levels of anglers, from novice to the most experienced fly angler.
FREE fishing on Thames Water's stretch of the Thames at Pinks Hill behind the reservoir (see map below for parking and boundaries for the river).
- All anglers who fish at Thames Water's venues must be in possession of a valid Environment Agency Rod Licence.
- You must carry your Angling Trust membership card to be eligible for these discounts and free fishing.
- One discount per Angling Trust member.
River Thames at Pinks Hill Meadow, Farmoor Reservoir, Oxfordshire.
FREE use for AT members.
Parking for the river and its upper and lower limits are marked in white.
Farmoor Reservoir - more info can be found at:
NB: Discounted tickets are purchased at the venue when you fish - do not contact the Angling Trust - we do not issue these tickets.